Time Management — When?
There are so many things to take up your time — family, friends, work, social media… It is amazing we get anything accomplished at all. But, there is hope! The answer to WHEN you manage your time is: NOW!
You can’t do it if you don’t start, otherwise your time is managing you. Take control by sitting down and mapping a plan. How will you do what you need to do without losing your mind?
1. Make making lists a natural extension of what you do.
- Have paper and pen handy for that moment you remember something OR
- Sign up for one of many free apps for your phone or computer *
- Use time waiting at the doctor’s office or for your car repairs to make a list
- Encourage family members to do the same
- Buy only what is on your shopping list – if they did not write it, they must not need it
- Complete at least one thing on your list before moving to another activity* www.cozi.com
2. Determine what time of day you are most productive and use that time.
- If you are more productive at 5:30am, then get up and get going
- If you do better late at night, then plan to stay up and do something
3. You don’t need a lot of time to manage your time. Often it is a matter of looking at what we do each day and find where we are wasting.
- Multi-task easy things while doing something else (clip coupons while talking with your kids or watching the news
- Make phone calls while driving — hands free only, make your grocery list while dinner is cooking…)
So make lists during the time of day you are most productive and your time will become a useful part of your day!
Go to our Facebook page to comment on what works for you — paper or digital, morning or night, your favorite site or app. www.facebook.com/StructuredChaosBiz