Organize Your Kitchen — Now!
Most of us know what we need to do. We just don’t know how to start. Often, starting is the most difficult part. So, set small goals and as Nike® says, Just Do It!
Take your kitchen. As a whole, it could be totally overwhelming. You may have tons of utensils, silverware, tools, knives, dishes, pots, pans, equipment (most you don’t use) and more. The entire room may need a good makeover, but where to start?
There are two ways to approach this: simply take one drawer or one cabinet at a time or tackle it all at one time. Either way, you will make progress and that is really the key.
If you choose to work with just one drawer, do this:
- Take everything out of the drawer
- Clean out the drawer getting all the dust and crumbs out of the corners
- Throw away any trash or items that are broken
- Put like items together and back in the drawer
If you choose to tackle the whole kitchen, do this:
- Empty each drawer and cupboard by putting like items together
- Clean the drawers and cupboards
- Throw away trash, old and broken items
- Create a pile of items to donate or return to others
- Put like items together and expiring items in the front